Although the announcement of the song neither surprised nor excited me, I was pleasantly surprised after watching the music video for French Montana’s “Figure it Out,” which just dropped today.
Here are some of my random thoughts while watching it:
- hate to say it, but Kanye’s auto-tuned singing is kinda the best part of the song
- enjoying the motocross x private jet aesthetic
- I can’t stop laughing at the unsubtle Ciroc product placement in the background
- why is French wearing all white while being surrounded by bikers driving around in dirt??
- French still remains my least favorite rapper, although his verse here is a huge improvement from his part in A$AP Ferg’s “Work (Remix)” (which includes lines like “Her ass fat, you could park ten Tahoes on it”)
- Kanye is only a featured artist, but it’s basically Ye’s song at this point
- the entire vibe changes when Nas comes in and reminds everyone who’s the real rapper here
Overall, the song is pretty catchy but slightly forgettable. I also really wish Nas’ part was longer .